Professional Fees and Billing
We make an earnest attempt to provide you with quality pediatric care at a fair fee. Fees for services are based on the amount of time involving the doctor and staff.
We require payment at the time of visit if:
- Current insurance information and a current insurance card are not presented at the visit.
- The patient has no insurance coverage.
- We do not participate with your insurance plan.
If the need arises for special arrangements to pay your account, please contact the business office at (615) 385-3443.
Patient balances are due within 30 days after insurance pays. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa for your convenience. A fee will be charged for returned checks.
A $50 missed appointment fee may be added to your account for appointments that are missed or not cancelled 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
Remember to add your newborn to your insurance policy within 30 days of his/her birth.
Your health insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. It is very important that you understand its provisions. Please review your policy and become familiar with the benefits it provides. If you have any questions about the coverage, you should contact your company’s member services department.
Questions regarding the filing of claims or the responsibility of payment may also be discussed with our business office staff. The parent or guardian is always responsible for payment, not the insurance company.
We are glad to work with you and your insurance company. To help make this process easier and create less stress for you, we would like to suggest the following guidelines:
- Provide a current insurance card at each visit. Some insurance plans have a card for each member. Therefore, be prepared to provide each child’s card.
- If you have a co-pay please be prepared to pay this at the time of your office visit.
- If you have a secondary insurance, please let us know.
- Contact us at least 2 business days prior to appointments with specialists if your insurance plan requires a referral or authorization number.
- The business office direct line is (615) 385-3443.